The Body of Ugandan stabbed in London will not to be repatriated




By; Newvision

The body of Derick Roy Mulondo, a Ugandan who was stabbed to death in London, UK, will not be returned to Uganda, his mother, Sophie Kafeero, has revealed. He will be buried in a Cemetery in South West London at Worcester Park.

Mulondo, who was stabbed reportedly by his former girlfriend after a heated argument on June 7, used to work in a retail shop in London. He is survived by a 16-year-old son, D’Andre Odongo Mulondo.

According to Mulondo’s mother, Police in London has since arrested the three suspected murderers including Mulondo’s white ex-girlfriend only identified as Shon. Kafeero said Shon was in the company of two other males; one of whom is suspected to be her new boyfriend.

“There was an argument and the trio pounced on Derrick (Mulondo). The ex-girlfriend went inside the house, brought a knife and she stabbed him twice on the left upper side perforating the lungs in broad daylight. He bled profusely and died before being taken to hospital,” Kafeero said.

Kafeero said her son, who was born on March 27, 1979, at Nsambya Hospital in Kampala, left Uganda when he was nine years old. “He has only returned to Uganda twice in 2007 and 2008. His only sister died in 1993.”

Before Mulondo’s mother travelled to London, she lived in Kiwatule, Kampala, while his late father, Richard Serunjogi Mulondo, lived in Kyaliwajala, Namugongo. The deceased is the grandson of the late Rabbi Ezekiel Serunjogi Mulondo, who died in June 2015 at the age of 97.

Other cases

This is not the first Ugandan to be stabbed to death in London. In September 2012, 14-year-old Kevin Ssali, who had been missing since July 2012, was stabbed to death in south-east London. Ssali, who lived along Whitworth Road in South Norwood, was attacked after he got off a route 202 bus in Lee, according to media reports.

Police and paramedics who were called to Burnt Ash Road at about 21:45 (British Standard Time) found Ssali with multiple stab wounds. Three teenage males were arrested on suspicion of murder, police said.

Detectives believe Ssali had travelled on the bus through Lee Green and was attacked after getting off outside a supermarket. He was taken to hospital, but later died.

The stabbing of Ssali occurred near the bakery where another 16-year-old teenager, Jimmy Mizen, was murdered in 2008, close to his family home.

In June 2016, a promising young footballer was stabbed to death at his front door in Battersea, London.

Matthew Kitandwe, 18, who had represented Uganda at the 2015 Africa Youth Qualifiers and his ambition had been to represent the country at the top international level, was ambushed as he put his key in the lock on returning home from college.

Paramedics fought to save his life for almost an hour before he was pronounced dead at the scene. In London, Kitandwe played as a right back for Colliers Wood United and had just been promoted to the first team. The former Wimbledon College pupil was the third teenager to be killed in London by June 2016.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here